Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Lies I have Believed

Aahhhh,,,,..the body!

How we love and respect our bodies and their
differences in this country. Oh, wait....


More of the same....


LIES I BELIEVED/TOLD MYSELF/BOUGHT

- I am not strong enough

- I am not coordinated enough

- I am not fast enough
- Other people have natural talents
- I'm not a real man

- I'm disgusting

- I'll never be anything but fat

- I am to be neither seen NOR heard

- I am on the outside looking in

- No matter how hard I try, I'll fail

- Other people's equipment is better

- People just naturally don't like me

- There's something wrong with me

************************************

For those who suffer from these issues,
you know full well that even when we can
identify the problem, these lies don't stop
seeming true. It takes a lot of continuing
effort to counter all this shit.  



We also have a tendency to believe our
own memories and interpretations of events
as supporting our theories, when in fact
we see what we want to see most of the time.


If you feel unloved, you appear hesitant and
unapproachable, people tend to avoid you,
and thus you continue to look at not being loved
as an unavoidable state as evidenced by your
current state.


We do play a role in keeping these beasts alive,
long after the damage has been done to us.

We perpetuate our own abuse at some point,
but we can also learn to halt it.


First, we must accept as possible that what we
'know' could be entirely otherwise.

Start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment