Wednesday, June 23, 2010

some day...by THROB

some day,
(not today,)
when you realize
that you:

jumped to conclusions,
assumed the worst,
assassinated my character,
falsely accused me,
perpetuated stereotypes,
wrote me off,
pushed me away,
overreacted,
misinterpreted,
didn't listen,
didn't pay attention,
were guilty yourself,
were channeling society,
were afraid,
were confused,
didn't mull it over long enough,
let the old ways dictate......

you should know
that:
you were forgiven
long ago.

that i understood
you
were not ready
to understand.

that your ability
to see
was limited
by experience and
circumstance and
perspective.

that i was aware of
and culpable
for my part,
as well.

that we were on
two different pages
but not
two different planets.

that it's just
another day
in the neighborhood,
even if we can't
remain
neighbors.

know that you
were forgiven
long ago.

(but not today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment