Monday, November 12, 2012

Bad Pig


Anyone who's been inside the front door of the
Donalsonville Piggly Wiggly and has a nose that
works knows there is a serious problem with
mildew/mold outbreak, probably as bad as the one
over at the EMC office lobby.

After having suffered headaches from smelling
the offensive odor for over a year now, I
figured I'd see if they were planning on doing
anything about it.

So, the clerk brings out the manager, who
looks quite disagreeable to my reporting this, and
asks me "Who are you!??!"
As in "Who the fuck are you to be reporting
anything about my store? Who do you think you are?
Are you with OSHA? Piggly Wiggly corporate?"


sigh.

So she sends me to the Produce department since
that's not her department (although one would think
store air quality would be under a manager's purview)
and I explain that the entire produce section and the front
area where the cash registers are have a horrible mildew
smell. Repeatedly I'm asked to explain where it is.
I don't know how difficult "all throughout" is to
understand. To affect 1,200 square feet, a smell is bad.

So he ends up deciding it's a single shelf, explaining
that it can't be the machines because they were all
taken out and cleaned recently. I suggested the floors
would be a good possibility--water getting underneath
and not being dried--but he didn't think that was the answer.

I was told that they would 'look into it,' which of course
 is the business equivalent of "let's talk soon."
Here's the thing; this is not something I alone have
smelled; a cashier there just last week said that 3 other
people had complained that very day.


So, if you want something done about it, you
should probably call and report the matter. And if you
or a friend or family member work there, you should
definitely raise a stink! Because mold and mildew
infestation is serious shit, man, and it doesn't just
affect those who are already impaired by age or lung
or allergy issues; there are severe long-tern health problems
that affect the respiratory system from prolonged
exposure. Just in case you care.

Personally, I think I'll just shop elsewhere.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment