Wednesday, November 21, 2012

'Tis the Season (Not Really)


Fuck a "Family Gathering."
That's right...Fuck it.

The worst asshole in our 'family' is the one all obsessed
with the family tree and finding out about the past.
Sure enough--he can't deal with real people so
he's safe dealing with the dead.

Personally, I don't wanna know my living
relations, so why would I want to read about the ones
who are gone?

This time of year is ludicrousness beyond compare;
a manufactured 'holiday' where people feel
compelled to spend time with blood relatives
they're virtual strangers with (or avoid due
to deep and abiding hatred of them) and
play-act togetherness for a day...or three.


If there's a reason y'all don't get along,
I say Go With It! Trust your instincts!

Don't let tradition and guilting and obligation
cause you to spend another moment of unhappiness.
Life's too short, and gene pools are too shallow.


Family's what you make of it; and mine is magical....
(I just want to make those sum bitches DISAPPEAR!)

I'll be contentedly and calmly spending a day
all by myself, knowing it's the best company I could
possibly have.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment