Tuesday, January 8, 2013

"The Biggest Screaming Scrunt"


"Shut...the Fuck...UP...already!"


Having to look after someone means having to
hear what they watch on TV some times
(since blocking out noise with headphones or
earplugs would defeat the purpose of being there
in case something happens!)

But I damned near had to put my boot
up the TV's ass last night as mother
was fixated on "The Biggest Loser."

Some screeching harpy Beyotch and 1/2
would not have been living around me
for 20 seconds with her annoying loud mouth
before I had to show her a glimpse of
Tomorrow Land. Day-um!

Supposedly this banshee is this super-
popular team leader that eveyone loves!?

I don't see how anyone finds all that
screaming and hollering remotely
'helpful.' Maybe it's from how I grew up,
but screaming and yelling caused my problems;
it never solved any.

I tune out immediately when someone raises
their voice to me; I go immediately into
"Oh-no-you-dinnint!" ass-whupping mode.

Whatever happened to nurturing, support,
effective motivation and enticement?

I think this Jillian chick represents the entire
problem in this country; everyone is so
completely ball-bustingly, beat-themselves-up, negative
about their sex lives, their eating lives, their body image....
it's bombastic crazy-ass yelling that leads people to shut down
and retreat, not want to get better.

Do we need toughness?
Yeah.


But you don't use dynamite to kill a cockroach.

***


No comments:

Post a Comment