Friday, September 28, 2012

As If


People always ask me "How can you stay out there in the woods all

alone? Don't you get bored?"

"NO...I read."

"But...don't you get lonely?"

"NO, I don't.  Have you met any human beings lately?"


When you have invested time and money and energy and trust into

other human beings, only to get fucked hard in the end--and no, not

in a good way--your appreciation of people and the 'necessity' of

relations tends to diminish in a drastic way.


You come to realize that the concept of 'friend' is chiefly a construct

of fiction, wishful thinking, and romanticism. A desperate effort, really,

to find externally what should first and foremost be found within.


And everyone wants to chime in and 'educate' you and patronize you

with pithy platitudes about not letting bad apples spoil barrels, and

actually cheating self from positive experiences, and how life is not

worthwhile without social interaction.


blah, blah. I would counter ...."Bullshit."


Once I have burned my hand on a hot grill 49 times, I don't need a

magical 50th experience to put my accounting into perspective.


I got this.


I like my own company too much to ruin it by introducing someone else.


*****************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment