Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Time for a little Lashing Out!


There's nothing about me that says
"Please Use and Abuse Me", or
"Tread on Me",
not any longer,
not one little bit.

The Nice Guy has departed;
Naivete and pandering are not
in my lexicon any further.
I don't apologize for living.

I will not sit in the back of the bus,
I will not listen to ridiculous prattling horseshit,
I won't misname a spade just to appease you.
I'm here to be Me, not a mini-You.

Your approval and acceptance and amelioration
is of Zero Concern to me.
The fact that others are hurting, too,
is great for philosophizing,
but it doesn't necessitate me taking a backseat.

"Step back--heart attack--
Stone cold sober, as a matter of fact--
The bitch is back."
No more slack.
I ain't taking flak.

**********************

No comments:

Post a Comment