Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It all works out.....by THROB

In a few short hours, all that I had believed
from ten months time
came crashing down as false
upon my dense yet fragile skull.

Were you a deft deceiver?
Or I the gullible fool?
All the heart, compassion, and love
seems yanked right out of you.

I can understand a shock--
seems I caught you quite off-guard;
Confusion derails the best of us
but your assault seems fairly harsh.

I'd glimpsed Angry words and diatribes,
criticisms, moods changing on a dime,
judgmentalness is part of us all,
even in the best of times.

I had overlooked any signs of this
potential side of yours,
in favor of the brighter, kinder, gentler
version that typically shone through.

Accusations and cruelty blew my mind,
I really had no clue,
since your self-promoted tolerance
I'd accepted as being true.

That's the part I played in the mess,
in addition to my 'ruse,'
I was foolish, naive, trusting;
I should've seen right through.

Maybe the Holy Rollers are

the perfect group for you. Happy Trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment