Friday, January 6, 2012

TRAC PHONE SCAMS

In case the fact that Trac Phone is a pre-paid phone
for the impoverished and those of bad credit didn't
warn you off to start with: BE AWARE!

The company commits fraud and jerks around its
customers regularly simply because they think they
can do so and get away with it, and because they
have a lowly opinion of their own customer base.

I had a problem with the company going on 2 years
now, but can't afford to upgrade to a better company.
I have to keep a phone for emergency purposes, or
I would give up the account.

They refused to take care of the technical difficulty
with my phone. I was told if I would buy a new
phone, they would transfer the current minutes, my
double-minutes for life, and my phone number to
the new phone. LIE!

After purchasing the new phone, it didn't work either.
I waited for a replacement to come and returned the
old model. After being on hold for an eternity, I
got yet another rude 'CSR' who didn't know what they
were doing, and who ended up hanging up on me when
I asked for a supervisor.

After another call, wait, and 45 minutes of flustering
work, my minutes were transferred to the new phone.
That's when my rep, who had confirmed the deal about
double minutes at the start of the call, said "Oh, I guess
it's not going to do that."

I explained that it needed to happen because that was

the word THREE different agents had given me, and
my only motivation for purchasing a new phone with them.
Repeatedly he told me he was helpless to do anything.
(And yes, evidently all of their customer service centers are
located in India!)

When I asked for a supervisor, I was again hung up on
immediately. I called back and was on hold for over an hour.

It's a shithole company with barely-working tech and a
bunch of untrained reps who don't care whether you get
assisted or not. They don't stand by their product, they
lie to your face, and getting in touch with a supervisor or
a higher-up who can--or would even think about-- resolving
your issues is a pipe dream.

If you aren't with TRAC PHONE already, be smart and
NEVER
buy one. With their prices, they're only worthwhile if you
only need to speak on a phone 10 minutes a month anyway.

********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment